Pathway to Membership of ANAN for CPA Australia Members
The following steps demonstrate the pathway to the types of ANAN membership for full members of CPA Australia, under the conditions of the current MRA.
Step 1: Determine your eligibility
You may be eligible to apply for ANAN membership if you:
- are a full member and in good standing with CPA Australia, and not under any disciplinary sanctions or investigation for professional misconduct.
- Have successfully completed:
- CPA Australia Qualifying examinations, and
- Practical work experience requirements.
- Hold a university degree or its equivalent recognised by the Nigerian University Commission (NUC) and ANAN being at least equivalent to Nigerian’ Bachelor’s degree. This will be determined during the verification of your application.
Step 2: How to Apply
- Complete the online application and submit with a current letter of good standing from CPA Australia
- Upload and submit the required supporting documents as listed below.
- Official academic transcripts
- Evidence of degree completion
- Proof of identity (passport (ID page), national ID card, birth certificate, drivers’ license (with photo).)
- CPA Australia membership certificate
Step 3: Verification
Your application will take approximately 10 to 15 working days to verify. We will send you an email informing you of your assessment outcome.
Step 4: Advance to CNA status
To become an Associate member of ANAN, you will need to successfully complete the following subjects of the CNA Program:
- Public Sector Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
At the successful completion of the ANAN professional examinations, you will advance to CNA status, receive a CNA certificate and then be able to use the CNA designation.